Affordable Teeth Cleaning
Did you know that partly due to a lack of proper teeth cleaning, pharynx cancer and oral cancer accounted for 2.9% of all new cancer occurrences in America in 2017? This equated to 49,670 people. Furthermore, around 1.1% of the population is predicted to develop oral cavity and pharynx cancer. Oral hygiene is an essential detail of overall health and wellness.
To keep an exceptional level of oral health, it is necessary for you to continually focus on these essential items:
- Daily brushing: It is suggested that you clean your teeth twice a day. When you brush your teeth in the morning, you eliminate the bacteria that breed overnight while you sleep. Brushing at night just before going to bed is essential because saliva production and flow are low during this time. A decline in saliva leaves your teeth open to attack from tooth decay. Brushing your teeth aids in bolstering your oral hygiene and protects from potential tooth decay.
- Best brushing technique: Brushing your teeth with the proper method is also essential. Dentists favor circular motions for two or three minutes. It goes without stating you should only use toothpaste that contains fluoride when brushing your teeth.
- Fluoride content: Each distinct age group needs different amounts of fluoride in their toothpaste. For ages three years and below, utilize toothpaste whose fluoride levels are 1,000 parts per million (ppm). Anyone older than three is recommended to use 1,300 to 1,500 parts per million in their toothpaste.
- Best Times to Brush: Brushing your teeth after each meal is just as critical a factor in maintaining your oral hygiene. Each time you eat a meal, your mouth needs approximately forty minutes to completely neutralize any acids. During this stage, your teeth enamel is more vulnerable. When you brush your teeth before the complete neutralization of acids in the mouth, you have a high risk of brushing away a portion of this soft enamel. Dentists suggest a waiting time of one hour after each meal before brushing your teeth.
- Proper Flossing: Flossing your teeth routinely is another vital aspect of home dental hygienics. Move the floss through your teeth, going from side-to-side. Doing this will aid in eliminating food particles that are caught between the teeth where a toothbrush isn’t able to reach. If left to sit, these food particles will cause tooth decay.
- Visiting Your Dentist Regularly: It is essential to visit your dentist at least every six months for your oral exam. Consistent check-ups will help to identify and address more complicated dental predicaments that brushing and flossing alone cannot. Daily brushing and flossing can’t help you monitor the collection at the subgingival area, for example.